Present in China for over 20 years, ParisTech has developed numerous partnerships, projects and recruitment programs there.
Committed to promoting the excellence of French engineering training, and research within its schools, ParisTech:
- Establishes partnerships with the best Chinese universities, and ensures a link with its institutional and industrial partners as well as with alumni;
- Recruits Chinese students for the engineering training provided by its schools, as well as doctoral students.
- Promotes actions carried out by all of its schools.
ParisTech is present in Shanghai.
Since 2000, ParisTech has developed partnerships with 13 of the best Chinese universities in
- Beijing: Tsinghua University, Peking University, China Agricultural University
- Shanghai: Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Fudan University, Tongji University
- Nanjing: Nanjing University, SouthEast University, Nanjing Agricultural University
- Wuhan: Wuhan University, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
- Hangzhou: Zhejiang University
- Hefei: University of Science and Technology of China.
Since 2008, ParisTech schools have set up double degree agreements (French engineering degree / Chinese master's degree) with universities top-ranked in their disciplines of excellence. The momentum has intensified in recent years, as 12 of the 29 double degree agreements were signed after 2015. 182 Chinese students have been accepted into double degrees programs so far.
Beyond engineering training, several advanced master double degree programs have been set up by our schools, in partnership with Chinese universities:
- International Environmental Management, EnvIM (MINES ParisTech – PSL, Tsinghua University)
- International Energy Management, ALEF (MINES ParisTech – PSL, Tsinghua University)
MBA and DBA were also developed:
- Executive MBA program in Aeronautics and Aviation Management (Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, Tsinghua University)
- DBA in Intelligent Manufacturing Management (Ecoles des Ponts ParisTech, Shanghai Jiao Tong University).
The 9+9 Program
ParisTech's International Admission Program, called the “9 + 9” Program in China, was launched in 2000 with 9 of its historical partner universities. Expanded to 12 partner universities in 2011, the program is now open to applicants from all Chinese universities. Each year, this program allows top bachelor students to apply simultaneously to 6 of the ParisTech schools, for admission to the second year of their engineering degrees.
Between 30 and 60 benke (bachelor) students are admitted through this program each year. Over the past 20 years, more than 1,200 Chinese students have obtained an engineering degree from one of the ParisTech schools.
Discover the testimonials of international students (including Chinese students) admitted through ParisTech's International Admission Program
China Scholarship Council (CSC)
- Scholarships for Chinese students (engineering degree)
ParisTech has been cooperating with the CSC for more than 20 years within the framework of the “9 + 9” program. Each year, this cooperation allows around 50 Chinese students admitted through the "9 + 9" program or a double degree program to benefit from a CSC scholarship during their two years of study in France.
- Scholarships for Chinese PhD candidates
In 2011, an agreement was signed to create a doctoral program allowing Chinese master's students, or candidates currently working, to pursue a PhD in one of ParisTech schools’ laboratories, with funding from the CSC. This program is very successful: since its opening, more than 160 PhD candidates have joined a ParisTech school laboratory.
2000: Opening of ParisTech Chinese office, within the Sino-French Center of Tongji University, in Shanghai.
Launch of the "9 + 9" program, recruitment of the first batch of Chinese students, start of cooperation with the CSC to finance engineering scholarships
2010: ParisTech and the Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) win a tender from the European Commission for the creation of the Sino-European Institute for Clean and Renewable Energy (ICARE) in Wuhan. ICARE is now a program of MINES ParisTech - PSL.
2011: ParisTech and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) sign an agreement to create a doctoral program in France.
2012: ParisTech opens, jointly with Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), a school inspired by the French Grandes Ecoles model. Accredited by the CTI, SPEIT awards Bachelor and Master degrees from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, as well as the title of graduate engineer. MINES ParisTech - PSL remains involved in the project.
2015: ParisTech and the China Scholarship Council formalize their cooperation for the "9 + 9" program by signing an agreement. The agreement was renewed in 2020.
2017: Chimie Pékin, 3rd Sino-French Institute led by a ParisTech school, opens its doors. Chimie ParisTech - PSL coordinates this Institute, which brings together several schools from the Gay-Lussac Federation, and Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT).