ParisTech Office in China
ParisTech has a permanent office in China since 2000. Comprised of a director and an assistant, the Chinese office provides the link between ParisTech and:
- Academic partners of ParisTech and its schools: ParisTech counts 13 renowned partner universities in China. Its schools have for their part developed numerous double degrees programs (both for their engineering degrees and advanced masters) and partnerships in research, also with the best local universities. The Chinese office helps establishing and monitoring these partnerships.
- Institutional partners: embassy, consulates, Campus France, Alliances Françaises, French Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chinese Ministry of Education, China Scholarship Council. The CSC and ParisTech have been cooperating for 20 years within the framework of the 9 + 9 Program, and for 10 years within the framework of the ParisTech - CSC PhD program.
- Alumni located in China: in 20 years, more than 1,200 Chinese recruited through the 9 + 9 Program have obtained an engineering degree from one of our schools, 182 have followed a double degree program, 160 have joined a laboratory in our schools to pursue a PhD through the ParisTech - CSC PhD program. French or international alumni from our schools also work in China. The ParisTech office in China regularly organizes events to bring together its alumni, now represented by ParisTech Alumni China.
- Companies: whether we help them recruit French-speaking talents trained in French-style engineering through the dissemination of internship or job offers, or train their employees through the vast continuing education offer of ParisTech schools, the office in China helps support both French companies in China and Chinese companies wishing to recruit and train international talents.
- Last, ParisTech Chinese office is the contact point for students, teachers and researchers involved in the exchange programs of ParisTech schools. As such, it ensures the promotion and smooth running of ParisTech's international admission programs in China (9 + 9 Program and ParisTech-CSC PhD Program), as well as a watch on Chinese higher education. The office follows recruited Chinese students until they leave for France, helping them with their formalities (scholarship applications, learning French, consular procedures, etc.). The office advises and guides French students wishing to find an internship or acquire work experience in China when asked, and can intervene to help them.
Promotion of ParisTech and its schools
The Chinese office promotes ParisTech and its member schools. Via its WeChat, Weibo, LinkedIn, or Bilibili accounts, the Chinese office is committed to:
- promote French-style engineering training, research and innovation within its schools, events or initiatives launched by its schools,
- share success stories of its alumni careers, feedbacks from international students studying in France.
Promotion is provided in Chinese, French and English.